2011 Resolutions Review
1. Read the Doctrine and Covenants and the Pearl of Great Price as a family....COMPLETED!
2. No soda...COMPLETED! Side note on this one just to show how amazing this was. I drank alot of Pepsi. I'm talking 3-4 sodas per day...minimum. I quit cold turkey. For about the first two weeks I would get terrible headaches and the shakes. It was awful. (This is starting to sound like I was on drugs or something!) Now I feel wonderful. Brent and I went to Cancun in June and this was going to be my week that I would allow myself soda. I had one sip and it was not satisfying! I didn't even want any soda the entire week. Sip#2: I was at the movie theatre with Brookie and Christine and we went to get popcorn and a drink for Auntie Bean. I took a bite of popcorn and got a kernel or something stuck in my throat and started choking. I had to have a drink of Christine's soda to help wash down the popcorn. Dang it!! Other than that...one year...no soda!!! This is going to be ongoing. I will never let something like SODA have that much control over my body ever again. (How Molly Mormon was that!)
3. Don't nag Brent. Ask once and then just do it myself... BETTER! I can't say that I never nagged Brent; but I was very conscious of it and I think that I did much better at this one!
4. Become consumer debt free...ALMOST! We have NO credit cards and NO car payments. This was the harderst one. We still have Brent's student loan (that I think we will be paying for the rest of our lives) and my 401K loan that we took out to keep Silver Spirit up and running. Other than that, on our personal stuff, Brent and I only have a mortgage. It sounds so simple when I type it out but let me tell you...this was a hard one and it feels soooo good!
I'm sure I had more resolutions and I had them all in my phone but when I got a new phone the notes didn't transfer over. However, these are the ones that I worked my butt off at this year.
1. Read the Book of Mormon as a family. I really wanted to do the Old Testament of the Bible but as a Ward we were asked to read the Book of Mormon. So we will!
2. Have family night EVERY week! This one will be tuff but we are SOOO going to do it! Latter-day prophets have promised that "our dedication to this program will help protect our families against the evils of our time and will bring us abundant joy now and throughout the eternities." Reason enough for me!
3. No snacking and no desserts. This means no sugar treats and snacks throughout the day and night. (I'm really bad at this.) I'm hoping to lose a few pounds with this resolution. Here's the kicker: I get to have the "treat" for family night. So, I'm hoping this will guarantee we have family night every week! Brilliant, I know!
4. Be on time! I'm sure this was a resolution last year but this year it's going to be a serious one!
5. Do a blog post every night until I am caught up. I am going to start now and stay current and hopefully with the post-a-night plan I can back post so I will be all caught up and can print out my book for 2011.
Monday, September 26, 2011
Friday, September 23, 2011
On picture day, I got a phone call from the school nurse that Brookie had taken a pretty good head dive at recess and had scraped up her forehead and nose pretty good. Me, being the excellent mom that I am, immediately asked, "Was it before or after pictures?" I think this kind of threw the nurse because she hadn't even asked Brooke that obviously important question. (That must not be the typical parent's response.) They said I should probably come get her and take her to see the Dr. because it was a head injury. This is what I saw when I walked in:
Wednesday, August 17, 2011
School: Pinion Hills Elementary School
Date: August 17, 2011
Teacher: Mrs. Davis
|Brookie requested hair curled with the hot curlers .|
Teacher: Mrs. Glick (one of Daddy's former students)
|Jessie requested crimped hair down.|
|Amiya and Brookie. They were so excited they have the same teacher this year!|
Friday, July 29, 2011
Brent stayed in Idaho to work on a rental. The two older girls got to stay at Grandma Telford and Papa's for the week. So, I had Braden and Kaylee Nicole at home with me. We had such a fun time! (Minus the two mice that Braden had to carry out in traps cuz Mommy was terrified!)
One night we went to a Reno Aces baseball game. It was so much fun!
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Much to Brent's parents dismay, he is an amazing carpenter! He can fix pretty much anything...quite the handyman, I'd say! We don't care what Nana and Grandpa think.
|Sub-floor is down.|
Sadly, we didn't get a picture of the fnished product. But believe me, it looked amazing...brand spankin' new!
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
This was Nik Nik's second time to the dentist but Brookie and Jessie took such good care of her again. They held her hands and talked to her the whole time. It was very sweet. I think Nikki would have been fine but it was so precious I just let them "mommy" her!
Tuesday, July 19, 2011
Room changes: Brent agreed to let Brookie change her cute little girly room into a red and black 5 star room. Actually it turned out super cute and Jessie moved into the room with her. We got them bunk beds with a full size bed as the bottom bunk. They ended up sleeping in the same bed every night anyway. We got rid of the bunk beds in Jessie and Nikki's room and moved Brookie's bed in there and it is now Nik Nik's room. At least we call it her room...she ends up most nights in bed with Brent and I.
Here are some before and after pictures:
Thursday, July 14, 2011
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
|Riders Ready, Watch The Gate, BZZZZZ|
Then the gate lowers and they are off!
|Braden was under 7 so he had to have a helper on the gates. He'd sneak in a few times without one and can't wait until he is 7 so he can do it by himself.|
|Braden's least favorite part of the track was the small jumps. He always seemed to loose speed on these. Mostly because he was riding on a Target Hot Wheels bike instead of a BMX bike, but it never seemed to slow him down too much!|
|Braden coming in first!|