Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Brent loves us MORE than football!

I've always said that the one thing Brent loves more than football is his kids....but Football was a VERY close second. This was always said jokingly but sometimes I wondered! Well today Brent called me from school and told me that he was done coaching football. It was final and official. I just about fell out of my chair!!! He told me on Monday that he had decided he was going to tell Coach Ripee he wasn't going to be able to coach football any more. I honestly didn't believe him. I had been trying for about 5 years to get him to quit without one bit of success and usually ending in a argument. I finally just gave up because I didn't want to be that "naggy" wife. Haha. Brent said he just realized that Braden is going to be able to start tee-ball and flag football and he wanted to be his coach. He realized that he most likely wouldn't be able to make it to the majority of Braden's practices and most likely none of his games. And Brent just couldn't do that! He said he wanted to be able to participate more in the girls activities and help me out with driving them all around. They each only do one activity and piano but that makes 6 activities and most are two days a week and there was just me! Soooo...we are beyond excited!!!! And yes, Brent Loves his family MORE than football! I know this had to be one of the hardest choices Brent has ever made but I'm super proud of him and know that he will most likely be back when Braden gets to that age but he will LOVE the opportunity to coach his own boy in the mean time!

No comments:

Post a Comment